Chalet Clyde is a family home built in a peaceful location just above the village of La Plagne Montalbert. This ski chalet for sale has 4 bedrooms over three floors and has been completely renovated inside. The renovation project was finished in April 2021. There is a total of 200m2 floor space inside and the property is built on a 575m2 plot. This chalet in La Plagne has spectacular views over the valley, undoubtedly one of the most stunning panoramas in the Alps.
Facts & Figures – Property for Sale
Google Maps Location
Total Floor Space m2
Size of Plot m2
The chalet is situated above the village of La Plagne Montalbert in the private “Hameau de Beauregard”. Although it benefits from the tranquility, the village is part of the large Paradiski domain. You have access to more than 400km pistes. Montalbert is a traditional village at 1400m altitude with a gondola lift connecting to the other villages of La Plagne.
The altitude of the chalet is 1600m and as a result has good snow conditions during the winter. You can access the chalet by car all year round as the snow plough clears the snow on a daily basis when required. The resort operates in both the winter and summer seasons. The tree-lined pistes descend to the resort level and snow-cannons assure the snow cover throughout the winter season. During the summer, there are numerous activities and festivals in the village itself as well as surrounding areas.
The interior of the ski chalet for sale has been completely renovated and will be finished in April 2021. The building is a traditional log cabin and therefore the interior is almost completely in wood. The style of the renovation reflects a contemporary design but with modern, high quality materials and fittings.
The main entrance to the chalet is from the roadway via stone steps into the hallway where there is access to the laundry room and a separate WC. The floors are fully tiled with electric underfloor heating on this level. The laundry room has a worktop and cupboards with plumbing for a washing machine and external vent for the tumble dryer. The kitchen is large with custom-made light oak units as well as extensive black granite worktops.
Appliances are built-in and will remain with the chalet:
- Siemens fan-assisted conventional oven
- Siemens microwave-oven combination unit
- Samsung double door American style fridge/freezer
- Induction four ring hob
- Siemens extractor hood
- Deep stainless steel sink
- Two full size Siemens dish-washers
Through the kitchen is the double aspect living/dining room. This room has patio doors in the living area and also in the dining area. Consequently, the room is very light and offers stunning interrupted views across the valley. The balcony is walk-around from both patio doors with a terrace area ideal for barbecues. The living room also has a feature stone enclosed fireplace for cosy winter evenings.
Upstairs this ski chalet for sale has three bedrooms as well as a fully tiled family shower room and separate WC. The bedrooms are good sized and the upper floor has wood laminate flooring. The two largest bedrooms have a vanity sink unit in addition to built in storage cupboards. There are also balconies to two of the bedrooms.
- 1st Bedroom – large double room with balcony and picture window, vanity unit with sink, built in hanging wardrobe
- 2nd Bedroom – double/family room, vanity unit with sink, built in floor to ceiling shelved/hanging cupboard
- 3rd Bedroom – twin room with balcony
- Large shower room – fully tiled shower cubicle with glass door and seat, twin sinks, storage
- Separate fully tiled WC
- Hallway with two floor to ceiling shelved cupboards
- Flooring to bedrooms and hallway insulated wood laminate
On the ground floor level, the fourth bedroom is a large room (no window) with space for three single beds or a double and a single. The room has tiled floors and electric heating. A door and lobby area separates the bedroom from the basement area.
From the lobby, a door connects you to the garage and workshop area. The garage has a remote controlled up and over electric door. The space is clean and spacious and it is possible to partition it to add a further bedroom if required. A workshop/storage room is off the garage which would be ideal for adding a further bathroom. The entire ground floor has been newly tiled and decorated. It is ready for conversion to additional accommodation or equally for use as a clean workspace, garage, gym or storage area.
The rear outside door leads from the garage/ski room to a terrace where the current owners have fitted an outside jacuzzi in a sheltered position under the balcony, overlooking the view. The jacuzzi is new and available for sale separately along with all the current furniture and other equipment by separate negotiation.
Key Facts – Ski Chalet for Sale
- Peaceful and beautiful location above La Plagne Montalbert, part of the 2nd largest ski area in France – Paradiski
- Close to the beginner piste and lifts – on the “ski de fond” piste so possible to ski directly from the chalet
- Resort open in both summer and winter seasons making it a good rental proposition
- 200m2 floor space in total
- 4 bedrooms – ideal for rental or as a family home
- Open-plan living and dining room
- Large custom-fitted kitchen – granite worktops and stainless steel appliances (mostly Siemens)
- Outside jacuzzi on terrace available by separate negotiation (new)
- Fully tiled and heated garage and workshop area with electric boot warmer (available by separate negotiation), automatic garage door, decorated and ready for further conversion if required
- The current owners renovated the chalet to a high standard with quality fixtures and fittings throughout
- Floor heating on the living room level, radiators in every room, log fire
- New furniture throughout – furniture and soft furnishings are also available as part of the sale by separate agreement
- Driveway with parking for at least 4 vehicles
- Chalet accessible by vehicle all year round – roadway cleared during the winter
Price: 870,000 euros